From: Steve Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As much as I hate to part with this little beauty I need to cover the $$
spent on the Norcal 40A and KC1 I just built.
This is a second run club kit painted dark blue stipple finish and stock
front panel artwork with an overlay of non-glare clear sheet acrylic -
Quite a few mods have been done to this rig (its almost a 40A ) including:
- Jim Cates diodes (red flashes with your cw on xmit and green pwr on)
- the driver and final (MRF237) have been changed/tweeked for abt 3 watts
out on the pwr supply, and 2.5 on the 12V bat.
- C38 and L6 have been changed to allow full pwr out over the entire bandwidth
- Q1 changed to 2N4124 per Wayne for increased sensitivity
- Anti hiss/more gain mod done to the LM386 which runs on 12V (I know, I know
but its ok)
- W6CYX bypass cap added to keyline and C29 changed to 1uF per Wayne
-Most stable VFO I ever built (great design Wayne) no warm up needed
-Vfo covers 7.000 to 7.060 in two switched slightly overlapping ranges,
front panel switch
There may some other minor tweeks I have forgotten but the rig looks and
performs perfectly. I use the Yaesu YH55 phones and had to turn the AF gain
pot down to abt half.
Price $100 shipped to you in lots of bubble wrap. Call the shack at
the first response here gets it. I will keep a list of replies in case the
first deal fails etc.
73 and cu on 40 with my new 40A
Steve Miller (CN-85) Norcal #308 QRP-L #109
Oak Hills Spirit II es dipole
KG7PV TMPS 1996 Qs=27 States=14 Confirmed=0 Dx=03
AK CA CO KS NC NE NM PA SD TX UT VA WV WY JW OZ VE7
Search QRP-L Archives
QRP-L Archive |
[ 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 ]
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 11:30:35 EDT