Re: VHF Baluns


Date: Tue Mar 14 1995 - 07:45:27 EST

Hi Peter--

I have used the little binocular balun ferrites found in the backs of VCR's
etc. (not really sure what you mean by calble TV baluns). I'm currently
using one as a power splitter in a txcvr I'm building. Although many will
swear upon heaps of old QST's, Ham Radio Magazines, etc. that one can never
be *absolutely* sure about unmarked ferrites, I think one can usually spot
type 43 (which is what I'm 99 & 44/100% sure these suckers are made of).
 Type 43 just LOOKS a lot different than the other ferrite materials. Kinda
sparkly. Kinda special.

I would suggest winding some windings and try them out. If they don't work,
sell them as VHF bartenderators or some such hokum.

73, Jim N0OCT

Search QRP-L Archives

[ QRP-L Archive | ]
[ 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 ]


This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 11:27:49 EDT