Portable in other countries?


From: Richard G. Kellner (kellner@usa.acsys.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 1994 - 10:29:12 EST

Hi all,
I am going to Germany for the Christmas holidays, and I would
like to take my Sierra and do some operating over there. Does
anyone know whether I can operate for a short time without any
paperwork? If I need paperwork, is there any chance of getting it
done in time (and where would I get the papers)?
I would guess that the majority of what I would hear would be in
German (how do they do the umlaudts in Morse?) and in other
European languages. How do you indicate English only when CQing,
and how do you know what language is expected by a CQer?
Rich W5RXP

Search QRP-L Archives

[ QRP-L Archive | ]
[ 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 ]


This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 11:27:14 EDT