From: James M Fitton +1 508 960 2577 (email@example.com)
Signal enhancers found in order of effectiveness ;
1. Over salt water (directional)
2. Hill Side - Near top of hill (directional)
3. Level ground, high elevation (non-directional)
4. Level ground, High support (non-directional)
5. Near salt water ( directional, evening best)
6. Hill Top (can be very noisy)
7. Level ground, Low support (non-directional)
Low antenna at Flagstaff Ariz (elev 6000 ft.) was excellent.
QRP FD on top of hill, in shadow of yet higher hill, equivalent
to being high on a hill side, is excellent.
Low antenna over salt water was excellent to EU.
N4BP operates a vertical while parked at salt water cove in FL,
and does extremely well.
QRP FD on level ground at low altitude was a disaster.
Operating on a dry sandy beach near ocean was not too good.
However, moving down to wet sand was much much better.
72 Jim, W1FMR
Search QRP-L Archives
QRP-L Archive |
[ 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 ]
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 11:26:49 EDT