From: Edward Pacyna (email@example.com)
The transceiver is based on the " 40 Meter Optimized QRP Transceiver" by W7EL
See August 1980 QST, 1992 & 1993 ARRL Handbook or QRP Classics (2nd Edition).
However, it has been further improved with the following changes.
* A 5 pole HP filter has been cascaded with the 5 pole LP filter to form a
wide bandpass filter.
* A double tuned narrow band pass filter has been added in front of the RF
port on the SBL-1 mixer.
* A 7 element Elliptical LP filter has been added in the audio channel. The
cutoff is 825 Hz with a shape factor of 1.4:1.
* A complementary pair AF driver has been added to drive small speakers or
8 ohm earphones.
* Power has been icreased to a full 5W output (adjustable with pot on PCB).
The transceiver is homebrew, on a single PCB, and in an attractive black en-
closure (6"W x 6"D x 2 1/2"H) with round edges, tilt up bail and alumimum
front & back panels (neatly lettered with dry transfers). The transceiver
* Front panel w/ tuning (7.00 to 7.055Mhz w/ 6:1 reduction drive), RIT, spot
& volume controls, and a LED power on lite.
* Back panel has power cable (diode polarity protected), antenna SO239, key
jack (phono jack) and earphone/speaker jack (2 circuit mini jack).
* Full QSK, stable VFO operation & sidetone (600 Hz)
Price is $100 plus ship.
Contact Ed Pacyna W1AAZ email: firstname.lastname@example.org telephone (617)290-4800 x114
Search QRP-L Archives
QRP-L Archive |
[ 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 ]
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 11:26:19 EDT